We had very good attendance at this month’s meeting. Several topics were discussed:
- The election is November 4th – be sure to vote! For more information about absentee ballots, early voting, polling locations, precinct sample ballots, and more, visit the Clermont Board of Elections website.
- Get a Clermont Republican Party Voter Guide at this link.
- Last month we launched our GOP Clermont Facebook Page. Click this link to like our page!
- This year’s National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) “Turkey Care” outreach event will take place at party headquarters on November 20th. The goal is to provide 400 packaged Thanksgiving meals to Clermont families in need. Last year the local NWTF served an estimated 2,500 citizens from our community. You are welcome to make a contribution. Please make a check payable to “River Valley Longbeards.” Mail your check c/o: Clermont County Republican Party, PO Box 431, Batavia, OH 45103.
- Would you like candidate signs for your yard? Please contact our office at this link, if interested.
Our speakers tonight were:
- Congressman Brad Wenstrup. Brad talked about the upcoming Senate elections, the ebola problem, security issues, and more. To volunteer for Brad’s campaign, contact Kyle at (513) 746-8171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Victory Center for his campaign is located at 5220 Beechmont Ave @ the Skytop Plaza, before the Beechmont Levee.
- House 66th District Representative Doug Green spoke about his re-election campaign. He spoke about the concerns relating to the ebola outbreak. He also thanked everyone for their support.
- House 65th District Representative John Becker spoke about writing letters to the editor in support of candidates. He mentioned signs were available for his campaign. Contact John for a sign at: email@example.com
- State Senator Joe Uecker spoke briefly about the upcoming lame-duck session in the Ohio legislature. Topics during the session will likely cover issues such as the heartbeat bill, Common Core, voter ID, and more. He also spoke briefly about protocols relating to the control of contagious disease in our state. He mentioned that voters should remember “KFC” on election day in support of judicial candidates, “Kennedy, French are the Conservatives.”
Clermont Chamber of Commerce Candidates’ night will be held on October 21st. Call 576-5000 for more information or visit their website at this link.
Much discussion of late has occurred relating to the possibility of an Article V Constitutional Convention. Learn more about the “PRO” side of this issue at Convention of the States, www.conventionofstates.com. To learn about the opposing view, visit Renew America at, www.renewamerica.com.
Our next Clermont County Republican Party Central Committee meeting will be held, Wednesday, November 19th, 7pm at party headquarters in Batavia. The meeting is open to the public and you are encouraged to attend!